Preparing for a holiday with your pooch!
Zylkène has become a familiar product for veterinary surgeons, behaviourists, nurses and pet owners for use in helping pets cope when facing unusual and unpredictable situations or before occasions such as a change in their normal environment. It’s a complementary feed for cats and dogs which contains a natural product, derived from casein, a protein in milk. It is a molecule well known to promote the relaxation of newborns after breastfeeding. Here are their top tips for holidaying with your dog.
1. Ensure you travel safely with your pet; get a suitable travel crate or if you have a dog a pet travel harness or boot guard is fine. The crate should be big enough for your pet to be able to stand, sit and lie down in natural positions and they should never be tied to it.
2. Provide access to food and water regularly for the whole journey.
3. Ensure the crate is placed in a safe position. There should be nothing that could injure your pet if they happen to stick out a paw or a tail.
4. Provide ventilation and fresh air.
5. Never leave your pet in a hot car! This is extremely dangerous and it doesn’t have to be that hot for it to become life-threatening.
6. Give them Zylkène. This will help your pet cope with the journey ahead. Ensure you start administration at least 3 days before you go and carry on until they are back home again and fully back in to their usual routine.
Holidaying with your pet
1. Ensure where you are going is safe for your pet. Things to consider: is there an enclosed or safe outside space? Has your pet had all the necessary vaccinations? Do you know where the local vet is?
2. Take familiar things with you such as their bed and toys as it can really help them feel at home.
3. Take their normal food with you: a change to their diet could upset their tummies.
4. Take your pet’s paperwork, supplements and medications with you.
5. Always have water with you wherever you go. If you are abroad and using bottled water yourself, use it for your pet as they are not used to the local water either.
6. Give them Zylkène. This will help your pet cope with the changes ahead. Ensure you start administration at least 3 days before you go and carry on until your return and they are back into their usual routine.
This post was written by our friends at Zylkène, you can shop on Monster here.